Thursday, March 22, 2007

What a week! Squeezed in a biopsy, a couple Dr. appointments, and shearing the sheep...and it's not quite Friday, yet.


Looks like there'll be more minor surgery (in and out the same day, we're hoping) on April 20, with a few appointments to take up time before then. At least right now it doesn't look like anything Big, which is good since the wee lambs will be popping next month! The biopsy didn't show anything really Bad but wasn't totally Normal either, so it will be a relief to have the procedure over with and, with luck, get back to "normal" for a middle-aged lady!


The fleeces on the CVM/Romeldale flock are beautiful this year. I guess all the corn I've been feeding helped. I managed to last through the 34 sheep here, but didn't make it over to Ron's in the afternoon when they did the rest of my 50 Border Leicester/Bluefaced Leicester/Cheviot ewes. I handed the guys boxes of big heavy bags to put individual fleeces in, but I have no idea what kind of mess I'll find when I open those sacks! Ron warned me that they had a lot of chaff in their fleeces.


I had about 28 of the sheep here covered with coats, so those fleeces are spotless. I'll have to give serious consideration to entering some in wool competitions this summer. I have lots of shades of gray and moorit, and some have exceptional crimp. They all feel soft, too. Fun!


I've been sore and tired since the biopsy on Monday, but I'm hoping that a prescription they phoned into the pharmacy for me today will get me back among the world of the living. I've been doing chores (more than I'm supposed to be tackling, but sheep gotta eat), then basically putting my feet up. Have not even done much knitting (except in the waiting rooms of doctor offices).


It's officially Spring: thunderstorms this a.m. had the dogs refusing to go outside until the sun came out around 10!






1 comment:

starrypurplehaze said...

just a quick reminder that one of the sp10 rules is to blog at least 4 times per month,and i've been enjoying your posts so far, so i hope to read a new one soon! :)
~your hostess